Andrea Romano (The Network, Brescia; Steering fio.PSD), Sabrina flocco (Antonianum, Bologna; Listening Center, Mensa, Wardrobe, individualized services and transitional housing project), Elena NICOLETTI (Caritas CdA, Rimini), Stefania ZEDDA (The pomegranate, Homeless Area, Genoa); Dario CONDELLO (cooperative REM, Chioggia, Housing First, Tent of Sarah and Dormitory), Marco TONDINI (Caritas Vicenza); Luca Corinaldesi (Coop Gemma, Ancona; emergency reception center), SCASCA (So Marche in Ancona, job placement, prisons, …), Luca CARNEVALI, (coop Ancona Gem, PSD shelters), Alessandro RADICCHI (Europe Consulting, Binary 95 Rome Termini, Help Center, Rete ONDS; services on margins, front office for immigration office of the City of Rome, Experimental observation on social marginality, Antology, Services for PSD), Giuseppe DARDES (FIO. PSD)
Introduction by Andrea Romano and around presentation to welcome the new additions and changes in the group tell nell'assetto. It is rebuilt, concisely, path, the collection of experiences carried out in time, good practices and the elements of criticality. Andrea shares a thank you to Jerome for his leadership and for work on maps. Certainly the objective to get to writing the document remains the most difficult.
It is called the ultimate goal of the work of this group: the updating of the guidelines with regard to reception systems.
You choose to start from the reading of the Guidelines to "measure" the distance and / or the suitability of they contain compared to the scenario that the group brought out on the work of these months.
- of the Guidelines are likely to be reduced to mere containers for a problem where the question always seems to appear higher than supply. Remember that less than half of the people living on the street can find shelter for the night when the search.
- do not exist at the national level "rules of engagement" and disciplinary action of common and shared for this type of facilities and often, Also at the regional level, each structure tends to organize itself with its own rules based on their availability of resources and organizational needs (If you have institutional conventions the rules are given in the notice)
- we analyze what are the rules of engagement in some centers and do a check on these before drawing up new ones
- We distinguish between institutional systems, formal and informal
- we evaluate what are the sharing levels for intervention with people
- deepen the experience of Genoa where a reception system of a sharing process is activated, different thing from a share reception strategy. It must push on because other governments should establish a reception system.
- sharing methodologies reception, but also the operational actions, It is a key principle that appears indispensable. In the same city services that do not talk are services that can become useless. Share also means understanding the territory, know, question him and put it inside the reception strategies.
- clarify the distinction between Housing First and Housing Led in Address Lines
Share local experiences to reflect on the update of the Guidelines with respect to the Hospitality Systems:
- positive example of Chioggia, reveals that the applicability of a reception system but with the limits of "replicability" data contained by the size of the town
- must deal, in most areas, especially those of the larger towns, with an incredibly increased demand supply. Consideration should be given to a different host strategy on the city. In small towns, as Chioggia, it seems easier to apply HF than in big cities. To address the issue of different strategy, in different cities, You could define the applicability of the reception indicators constructed according to certain values identifying the citizen context. Depending on those you could give an address on the model to be used.
- on Rome It notes the Housing Office experience in the municipality of Rome. The same Caritas could enhance its hospitality offered further improving its facilities to give dignity to persons received. The paradigm can be Housing First but ... how do we get there?It is necessary, Therefore, that systems-oriented approach to a Housing Led revise and reorganize their night shelter facilities existing in the objective function of ensuring that all those admitted, a stable housing accommodation and not institutionalizing within a reasonable time, which can be quantified in about three months. (period, currently, unrealistic). Radicchi suggests to deepen the gap between demand and supply of services in Rome. The current estimate is 678 places in night shelters against 16mile people asking for a bed. Of these about 11 PSD are thousand and 5 thousand are migrant (who have the ability to access the 2 thousand places SPRAR system)
- in the city of Ancona are cordially 320 every year but they are about 1.000 the rejected requests at the same time span. Throughout the Marche region is ensured for hospitality 90/100 people and unanswered requests are about 300 every year.
- We must think of hybrid systems where the Housing First represents the prospect to reach in time (a sort of handsome brother, older brother) but at the same time you have to find ways to manage the host systems that do not make discounts to the set of shared values (and largely similar to those present in the Housing First model)
- you might ask fio.PSD to structure a national mapping of demand / offer beds, analyzing what happens in all cities, and then maybe bring together data on a common tool collection. The fio. PSD, perspective, It may apply to give real-time the number of PSD in Italy, and it could provide to the associated one “toolbox” including, well as books, manuals and more, There is also a software for data logging with different modules that address different needs: Night, Day care, Mensa, etc (example: Anthology or SIS Caritas Rome).
- remember also the opportunity to enhance the collaboration with Italian Caritas and can imagine with them a path to the adoption of Web software Ospo (Monitoring Poverty and Resources)
- let's start from our partiality, We broaden the look on the host system, We will condizioniamo part but we are not all, Avoid crush everything on the structure
- careful because you are retrieving the value and the leadership of the community, but in the negative! We pulled in by the subjects of the community but to act as a target and as a social safety net: "When did you do 2 meetings of condominium think ok I gave!otherwise I was going to do the lion tamer ".
- It plays the role of shock absorbers fears while inside the reception systemone imagines to respond to a different and specific mandate. You must be entitled to make a community work!
- this work of community mediationIt takes time to work with guests, we now work "worse" because of this climate!
- in fio.PSD today are being asked to develop and share a toolbox for community work, with emphasis on communication and territorial mediation with the community. It should be circulated among the members this attention.
- it comes to mind that have changed and recipientof host systems. If you're dealing with detainees, addicts, PSD, recipients are at least two: and their neighbors, the contexts in which they are inserted! This type of work, which also has a preventive nature, It features all the services of social marginalization.
Next meeting: 26 October 2018