Considerations and open questions emerged from the comparison
- How to hold together people with very different histories and experiences? How the services are able to structure and renew itself in relation to people's needs and how much prevail organizational and contractual reasons? How can we grasp the provocations of reality?
- From Guidelines to combat serious marginalization Italy adult(from now on the Guidelines) It shows that half of the PSD who apply for night services will not have access to a lack of places (For example,: Rome his 9.000 PSD are a collocation half). In una logica di Housing First/Housing Led (from now on HF and HL) dorms should be structures that respond to the housing crisis in terms of a relocation of the person in more personalized services. The reality of services is quite different. The time of the night structures (dorms) They go well beyond the indication contained in the Address Lines(a few months) and welcome in apartments (secure accommodation, cohabitation, HF, HL, etc) They are numerically insufficient, saturated and often lack the resources and skills needed to ensure an evolution of the situation and turnover.
- Services tend to homologate and standardize the answers. The differentiation and diversification in relation to the real needs of the people as well as the timeliness of these would improve the effectiveness of interventions by avoiding downward adjustments and deterioration of living conditions of the people.
- build alliances with various subjects and integrate interventions to address the complexity and multi-problematic situations
- to appeal to experimentation and creativity out of situations of impasse and / or where the usual approach does not get the expected results. In some areas the public and private real estate market appears to stop responding to service requests for houses and PSD
- Most of today's night services does not respond to certain categories of users. The couple homeless often do not find locations unless separately, ditto for pet owners. Even workers, especially those who work at night or on turns, They have difficulty finding nights to enable them to keep their jobs.
- The approach that "adapted in place there, or are you on the street" or the automatism that for those on the road the obvious solution is the dormitory as widespread has in it the now obvious limitations.
- Two experiences they are working on developing a more effective response and adapts to users:
- Bologna: where small dormitories were opened, H24 with time, the posts are still few and insufficient, but it is an innovative experiment
- Piacenza: where there are small dormitories, for 8/10 people, which is accessed prior filter and defining a personalized project by the Counseling Center. This gives you attention to the relational, It promotes understanding and exchange between guests, and among guests and operators, as well as the signing of a "contract". Also in cohabitation apartments they were opened with a "light" support of an educator
- Evaluation Systems. the collection of data is widespread (services provided, etc), uncommon evaluation of educational interventions (for example on the achievement of the objectives).
- What tools?
- Which perceived usefulness?
- How does my job?
- From depth of the experience of the House of Charity in Milan and Bologna dell'Antoniano.
- Participation in guest services.
- What devices?
- Why encourage participation?
- How would my work and the organization of my body?
Next meeting: 9 marzo 2018 in Rome at Opera Don Calabria. From 11:00 at 16:30